Burn Permits are required for all door yard burning projects
Check Daily for correct burn hours and burning status.
It is your responsibility to check burn day status by calling your local Air Pollution Control District with jurisdiction over your area.
Pile Burning Requirements
- Only dry, natural vegetative material such as leaves, pine needles and tree trimmings may be burned.
- The burning of trash, painted wood or other debris is not allowed.
- Do NOT burn on windy days.
- Piles shall be no larger than four feet in diameter and in height.
- Clear a 10 foot diameter down to bare soil around your piles.
- Have a shovel and a water source nearby.
- An adult is required to be in attendance of the fire at all times.
Safe residential pile burning of forest residue by landowners is a crucial tool in reducing fire hazards. Unit Chief Josh White explained, “We strive to allow burning as long as possible; however, due to lower humidity levels and higher temperatures, conditions dictate we must limit burning to evening hours.
For more information on burning, visit the CAL FIRE website at www.fire.ca.gov.
For burn day information, call the following numbers:
Calaveras County 754-6600
Tuolumne County 533-5598
Visit the CAL FIRE Debris Burning Safety Video: https://youtu.be/OltsX8REHng
Visit the Prevent Wildfire CA page for more information: http://www.preventwildfireca.org/